Monday, July 14, 2008

Vacation???!!!

This weekend we took a trip to Twin Falls, Idaho where Travis and his family played in...you guessed it, a golf tourny! All the wives went and I took the girls. It was really fun but Skylar was sooo much work! She wasn't naughty, she was just acting her age. She has a hard time being cooped up, like in the hotel room or riding in her stroller for a long time. She always wants you to walk with her by holding her hands and going up and down the hallway or around the store. Luckily I had a lot of help from my sisters-in-law and Trav's mom, Patti. I don't think I could have done it without them! I hope it didn't ruin their trip by having my babies around, but I think that they really enjoy them! Anyway, Sailyr was really good, she just eats and sleeps.
We went to the open house at the new Twin Falls Temple. It was so cool! I have never been in a temple before and it was so beautiful inside! I was really glad that we went. While we were on the tour we went into the room with the baptismal font. The ceilings were really high and the room echoed a little. Everyone in the group was really quiet listening to the guide tell us about the room, except for Skylar! She kept saying "Hi!" really loudly and repeating it about a hundred times! Everyone was smiling and giggling at her, just egging her on. She must have realized the echo and really thought she should take advantage of it! It was so cute and a memory that I won't ever forget!
Travis and Brady ended up tying for first place in the tournament! They won about $210 each and got to spend it in the clubhouse and buy some new golf stuff! It was really exciting and really made the trip even that much more fun!
Going on "vacation" isn't what it used to be before we had kids but I wouldn't have it any other way!
P.S. My pictures of this trip wouldn't upload for some reason, but check out Steph's blog for some cute pics!

1 comment:

*Mary* said...

Seirra,
Sounds like you guys had lots of fun. Sounds like the Temple is beautiful. We need to get together so that we can see the girls. I'll have charley call travis or somethings. :)