Saturday, September 27, 2008

He's home!

The past two weeks Travis has been out of town almost constantly. Last Tuesday he went to Idaho Falls for work. He came home on Friday and on Saturday afternoon he left for Denver to see the Broncos play on Sunday. He came home from Denver on Monday and left for Arizona (for work) on Tuesday morning and came home again on Friday afternoon. He has to travel occasionally for his job and though we miss him, we would never complain because he works for such a great company and we feel really lucky he has such a great job! However, it sure does make me appreciate him when he is here! I love to see Skylar's face when he pulls up in the driveway and gets out of the truck! I love to see her run to him squealing! It warms my heart to see him scoop her up and give her loves and I am so glad he is such a loving dad. What an awesome relationship to witness- a dad with his daughters! I love Travis so much and I often feel really lucky to spend my life with someone so great! Okay, sorry so sappy! Anyway...
Luckily my mom was here this whole week so I had some help with my girls and it was really fun to spend time with her. She doesn't live close by, but she still has a great relationship with my kids. I think that is because when she does see them, she spends a whole week or so with them and she is able to really get some quality time with them. That has been one good thing about her living out of state...I think it's the only good thing!

5 comments:

Steph and Brady said...

It is so cute how Travis loves those girls. I am sure that he hates being away from you guys. That is probably true about how your mom gets to spend quality time with them.

Holly said...

Don't try to sugar coat it... It SUCKS when the hubby is out of town. Even if his boss (and his family) is cool. I was there when Travis came home Friday, and it is a special thing to witness the reunion of Skylar and her Daddy!

*Mary* said...

I feel your pain. At least the end is in sight with Charley's job. I know that when Charley get's home after being gone for the whole week, the girls really don't even care about me anymore, so when the 2 guys get home, we should go out without them :)

kstreb said...

GOTTA LOVE OUR MOMS.. THEY ALWAYS HELP AT THE RIGHT TIME. GLAD THAT TRAVIS IS HOME FOR ALL IS LITTLE LADIES....XOXO

The Taylor Family said...

I hate when Lance is gone too. It's just better when they are there. Now that he is home just try not to run over his bookbag okay?