Saturday, February 14, 2009

Red Roses and girls night!

While I was at work today, a floral delivery man pulled into our snow-laden parking lot and I spotted him through the window. My heart danced with anticipation wondering who they could be for. It is always so exciting when flowers are delivered to our salon because you always hope they are for you! This time they were for me! My darling husband sent me the most beautiful bouquet of red roses with a hand written card telling me how much he loves me. It really made me feel special since he is clear across the country on a trip with some work friends.

Since our better halves are out of town, my fun friend, Holly, and my surprisingly single friend, Kelsey, went out on the town for an early dinner. Hoping to beat the crowds, we went first to Tepanyaki only to find out that the wait was already 1 1/2 to 2 hours. What? They opened at 4:00 and we got there at 4:15. We decided that was seriously too long to wait. We then ventured over to Corbin's and since we didn't have a reservation, they couldn't get us in until 8:30. Again, too long! We settled for Rooster's, and even though I have some horrible memories of an after-Rooster's experience, (you know what I am talking about, Jenny) the food was good and the company was great! It didn't beat dining with Travis, but my fun friends were a great replacement! Thanks Hol and Kels!

7 comments:

KeLseY & BryCe said...

Thanks for letting me come with you and Holly. It was so much fun! I'm so glad I've been able to get to know you and become friends. Travis is so sweet for sending you the flowers. I loved your face when you read the card :)

kstreb said...

YOUR HUSBAND IS THE BEST! SORRY HE WASN'T THERE ON VALENTINES BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME WITH THE GIRLS! HAVING GREAT FRIENDS IS PRICELESS....

Sherice said...

Sierra!! Hey it's Sherice Sparrow- Nic's wife. I just stumbled upon your blog from Bree Carnahan's blog. Hope you don't mind I snooped. Your girls are so dang cute!! I seriously don't know where the time is going. I can't believe we are all officially parents with numerous children. What the heck!! I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you guys. We have a blog as well, but I made it private, so if you ever want to visit just e-mail me so I can add you to the list. nicsparrow@msn.com

Nic says to tell you guys hi!

The Taylor Family said...

Too fun. Travis is a smart man to send you roses and a hand written card.

Steph and Brady said...

I am proud of Travis for doing that! He is so thoughtful! I am glad you girls went out for Valentines. Hope you feel better!

Borchert Family said...

Sierra, I do know what you are talking about! Let's just leave that between you and me! Ha Ha! Sounds like you had a great Valentines Day. I'm glad Trav spoiled you, you deserve it!

Holly said...

I had a great time, even if the waitress had her underwear hanging out! But next time you have a cold, try not to double dip! :)